KW Designed Solutions provides complete turn-key solutions specialising in Innovative Pressure Testing Equipment for the Oil and Gas, Subsea, Material Science, Universities, Nuclear, Chemical and Petrochemical industries globally. The company is part of the KW Group, based in Chorley, Lancashire. With continued rapid growth it offers an exciting working environment with constantly changing and growing challenges.
The company is seeking a motivated, customer-focused, Applications / Proposals Engineer with experience in developing, estimating and quoting innovative and engineered solutions. Whilst the job function is focused on assisting Sales in a Proposals role, having a depth of design-based knowledge and experience will benefit any candidate applying for the position.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Proposals Engineer will be responsible for the capture of customer requirements, identifying and developing engineered solutions, managing costings and producing proposals within the business. This will include working with the customer as well as the key personnel within KW Designed Solutions to create the correct costs and provide the relevant detail to create industry-leading quotations and scope of work documents to be supplied to each customer. In addition, the Proposals Engineer will be required to undertake a full contract review with the key departments within the business upon order placement.
The right candidate needs to be both comfortable working with the internal team as well as dealing with customers directly.
- CRM Management – of leads, opportunities and quotes.
- Customer Management – dealing directly with customers on a daily basis.
- Specification Building – managing customer requirements.
- Engineering Solutions – discuss, review, proposal of ideal solutions
- Producing Quotations – producing written technical quotations and compiling quote packages.
- Ensure designs conform to industry, customer and company standards
- Select suitable materials, surface finishes, coatings and treatments for the products intended use
- Carry out technical reviews with internal team and /or customer
- Analyse designs using suitable tools
- Output models, drawings, BOMs, specifications, scope of works type documents.
Good knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Bespoke, Special Purpose Machines and Systems
- Pressure Vessels, Hyperbaric Chambers, Reactors and Autoclaves
- Pressure Control Systems including Pumps, Valves, Piping, Transmitters, Gauges, Fittings and Connectors.
- Temperature Control Systems including Heating/Cooling, Thermal Heat Calculations and Power Calculations.
- Mechanical Engineered Systems.
- Dynamic Motion – Servo Drives, Motors, Electronics, Programming, Hydraulics, Pneumatics.
- Electronic/Electrical Systems.
- Document Management Systems and Revision Control
- 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, Solid Works preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards: PD5500, ASME VIII Div1, 2 & 3, EN13445 pressure vessel design codes; European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- Ability to carry out hand calculations (force, torque, bending moments, hoop stress, shear stress, temperature and flow etc)
- Knowledge of high spec materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steel, structural steel, elastomers and performance plastics
- Ability to develop / understand system schematics, P&ID
- Ability to read engineering drawings – components for manufacture
- Good understanding of sub-contract machining/painting/plating processes
- Ability to consider materials selection for component construction / ability to source
- Produce of BOMS for costing analysis
- Strong IT skills
- Able to work alone using own initiative, but also integrate well within a team where knowledge/idea sharing is important.
- Able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Willingness to learn new skills, expand existing knowledgebase and adapt quickly in an ever changing, developing environment.
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours to meet deadlines
Experience & Qualifications:
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (2.1 minimum)
- Industry experience; ideally in Pressure Testing or Mechanical Equipment Environment.
All forwarding interest and CV’s from applicants will be reviewed during April and feedback will be provided early May.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org