KW Designed Solutions engineers produced a high pressure seal testing system. Designed for carrying out high pressure, high temperature testing, static and dynamic fugitive emission testing and cryogenic temperature testing of elastomeric, PTFE and thermoplastic seals.
Our high pressure seal testing vessel was designed to be able to provide our customer with two types of configurations, allowing for both static and dynamic seal testing, with linear and rotary movement and for carrying out backpressure testing.
- API 6A PR2 (ISO 10423) Qualification
- ISO13628 Qualification
- ISO 15848 Class A and B Fugitive Emissions
- Shell MESC SPE 77-312 Class A and B Fugitive Emissions
Manufactured from 316 stainless steel; the seal test rig can be used with any test medium including liquid helium, liquid nitrogen and test media containing hydrocarbons.
A modular design ensures that the seal test rig can be configured to suit any type of piston or rod seal arrangement. This includes O-rings, T-seals, lip seals, chevron seals, spring energised seals and variseals.
We can combine linear and rotary actuators, to enable the control of variable stroke distance, stroke speed and rotational speed; allowing tests to directly replicate real applications.
This can be connected to one of our pressure control systems; enabling the process to be automated with pressure cycling capabilities.
We can also design and manufacture bespoke seal pressure testing systems to simulate many applications and help you achieve a higher Technical Readiness Level (TRL) for your sealing solution, before commencing production.
- Temperature range: standard -70°C to + 250°C, further modules allow -196°C to +150°C
- Pressure rating: 1034 bar (15,000psi) at 250°C, (1551 bar) 22,500psi at ambient
- Stroke: 150mm max. with a 90° rotation
- Media: helium and nitrogen
- Pressure direction: single and bi-directional
- Groove configuration: primary and secondary seals
- Pressure application: pressure ports on both sides of the primary seal for backpressure testing purposes
- Materials of construction: stainless steels, carbon/ alloy steels and acetal
- Multiple customer-specific ports and penetrations
- Bolted closure pressure vessel design
- Support frame designed to support the seal loading and rotating the pressure testing vessel