Lead Control Systems Design Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Control Systems Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new and/or existing products utilising KW Designed Solutions technical capabilities. This includes automated equipment such as pressure control systems, mechanical drive systems and other electronic/hydraulic/pneumatic control systems that complement the equipment in line with client requirements.
- Lead the design, development and specification of new and existing control systems for pressure related equipment where typical design requirements include: –
PLC/SCADA/HMI based control systems
Control of pumps, valves, motors, drives, inverters, heating and chilling units
Instrumentation such as pressure transmitters, flowmeters, level sensors, position sensors, thermocouples, speed Sensors and load cells
Safety interlock systems
Control panels and wiring
GUI and bespoke software programming
- Produce control system designs and design specifications
- Ensure designs conform to industry, customer and company standards.
- Carry out regular design reviews.
- Carry out value-added value engineering (VAVE) to engineer cost out of the equipment.
- Output accurate P&ID drawings, electrical diagrams, BOMs and other technical documents to stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Check & sign off drawings in line with relevant standards.
- Carry out design changes using revision control procedures.
- Provide support for sales, engineering and production with regard to control system issues.
- 2D/3D CAD (AutoCAD essential, SolidWorks useful)
- Low Voltage Directive, Machinery Directive, EMC Directive, 18th Edition.
- Ability to carry out calculations (power, voltage, resistance, flow, heat transfer etc.)
- Knowledge of software/programming systems (Siemens TIA, Nat. Inst. Labview, Wonderware etc)
- Knowledge of Risk Assessments (RA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Document Management Systems and Revision Control
- Strong IT skills
- Able to work alone using own initiative, but also integrate well within a team where knowledge/idea sharing is important.
- Able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Willingness to learn new skills, expand existing knowledgebase and adapt quickly to an ever-changing, developing environment.
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours to meet deadlines
Experience & Qualifications:
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in Electronic Engineering or equivalent (2.1 minimum)
Industry experience; ideally in the design of control systems, automated equipment, machinery, high-pressure systems and hydraulics/pneumatics
Please send your CV & covering letter to email@example.com