Chorley, Lancashire, England.
KW Designed Solutions provides complete turnkey solutions specialising in Innovative Pressure Testing Equipment for the Oil and Gas, Subsea, Material Science, Universities, Nuclear, Chemical and Petrochemical industries globally. KW Designed Solutions is part of the KW Group, based in Chorley, Lancashire and offers an exciting working environment with constantly changing and growing challenges.
The company is looking for an Installation and Commissioning Engineer to be responsible for the assembly and test, development, installation and commissioning (FAT, SAT), and servicing of the company’s new or existing equipment types and products. Equipment types such as Pressure Vessels, Pressure Control Systems, Temperature Control Systems and other Special Purpose Machinery that complement the products in line with client/industry requirements. This will include using component/assembly drawings, P&ID schematics, written specifications, inspection and testing plans, to enable complete build and validation of the equipment’s functionality.
As Installation and Commissioning Engineer you are part of a team, working alongside Electricians, Mechanical Fitters, and other Installation and Commissioning Engineers; you will support and report to the company’s Project Engineer and other business departments as and when required.
You will be expected to work as part of the team or on your own initiative, working within a timely manner to acceptable quality standards whilst maintaining company health and safety requirements at all times.
The majority of your working time will be spent working on-site at KWDS premises, however, for this role you will be a key representative for KWDS to work off-site at customer premises carrying out installation and servicing work as necessary.
Providing organisational and administrative support in the assembly and testing, installation and commissioning of new and existing pressure related products where typical design requirements include:
- Pressure bearing components (?60,000 psi)
- Load bearing components
- High pressure seal arrangements
- Integration with proprietary components
- Hydraulic actuation
- Motor, gearbox, servo drives
- Electrical control panels
- PLC/HMI programming
- Lifting & Handling points
- Tooling & Fixtures
- Assembly of equipment types, working to drawings and P&ID schematics
- Testing of equipment types, working to inspection test plans, validating functionality of components and systems to regulations and customer requirements
- Installation and commissioning of equipment types, FAT on-site and
- SAT off-site, working to installation plans, risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- Servicing and testing of equipment types, off-site at customer premises working to RAMS
- Ensuring a high standard of work whilst working to deadlines
- To work safely at all times, complying with company processes and procedures, health and safety legislation, regulations and other relevant guidelines
- Provide support to sales, design, production, installation and service departments
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, supervisors and customers.
- To work with tidy ethics, meet company standards during and on completion of work activities
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours to meet deadlines
- Working offsite at customer premises, sometimes requires overnight stay and can be for the duration of a week
- Mechanical Fitting of engineering components
- Electrical wiring and connection of components to control panels
- Ability to read and understand 2D, 3D engineering/mechanical drawings
- Ability to follow technical manuals and process/schematic engineering diagrams – P&ID
- Ability to test and commission new build types, front ended PLC/HMI driven programs
- Fault finding and correcting of equipment functionality to meet specification
- Pipe threading, bending and braising experience preferred
- Working with metal working machinery, equipment and tools
- Moving and handling heavy equipment
- Able to work alone using own initiative, but also integrate well within a team where knowledge/idea sharing is important.
- To communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to stakeholders, both internal and external
- To plan cable and pipe runs between equipment modules without detail drawings, still conforming to regulations.
- Willingness to learn new skills, expand existing knowledge base
Able to remain calm, focused and positive when working in a small team.
- Keen interest in engineering
- Basic computing skills, using Microsoft programs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Mechanical engineering qualifications – ONC/HNC preferable
- Minimum of 5 years experience in machine building
- Industry experience in skid building
- Industry experience in electrical panel building preferable but not mandatory
- Industry experience installing and commissioning bespoke/new equipment types
- Working within high pressure/testing environment
- Writing of RAMS, preferable but not mandatory
- Full UK driving license/experience
- Forklift Truck license/experience
- Overhead Crane and hoist license/experience
- Working at heights experience
Please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applicants – Friday 5th June 2020