- Depressurisation (venting)
- Pressure Control at Set Point
Automated Pressure Control Systems
Our automated pressure control systems are engineered with pre-defined programmable functions, that self-manage control modes and both the hydrostatic or hyperbaric pressure testing functionality of the system:
Each automated pressure control system is PLC driven, via a remote operator control panel; incorporating a user-friendly HMI interface. Simple touch screen buttons activate various sequential operations, that carry out system functionality with no further operator input required.
To ensure operator safety and prevent damage to expensive OEM equipment, safety devices such as pressure indicators, over pressure relief devices and auto shut-off mechanisms are incorporated into each system. Data logging is also available.
We design and manufacture our automated pressure control systems, with a modular approach; meaning they are easily configurable to provide different functionality dependant on the end users requirements.
We have a catalogue of standard systems available but our flexible approach and wealth of experience means that we can provide bespoke designs to meet specific project objectives.
- Compact, Modular Skid Mounted Packages
- Cyclic Pressure Loops
- Data Logging & Remote Alarm Monitoring
- Integrated Holding Tanks with Run-Dry Protection
- Leak Test Mode – Pump & Vent Valve Remain Shut Off During Dwell Periods
- Linear Ramp Rates for Pressurisation & Depressurisation
- Liquid or Gas
- Pressure Maintain Mode – Pump & Vent Valve Open or Close to Control Pressure During Dwell Periods
- Pressure Rating: 10 Bar to 2000 Bar
- Temperature: -20°C to 300°C
- User Definable Pressure Profiles
- Easily configurable designs suitable for most applications
- Easy to service & maintain
- Ideal for use with hazardous media or when extreme temperatures are involved. The control panel can be located remotely to the pressure vessel, allowing the operator to maintain full control of the equipment at a safe working distance
- Minimal user input required whilst in operation – allowing operator to multi-task
- Modules are specified dependant on the end users testing requirements, preferences & budget; each offering differing levels of automation & control
Applications & Customer Uses
Automated pressure control systems are generally used by customers who have more complex pressure testing applications, where finer control and monitoring of the hydrostatic or hyperbaric pressure is required.
Customers in the Energy and Subsea sectors have used automated pressure control systems for product verification, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and production testing of subsea electrical components, hoses, cables, penetrators, valves and buoyancy products in line with API 6A PR2 and/or API 17L.
Clients who conduct Sour Gas Testing (H2S) of materials for use in High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) applications, also use automated pressure control systems. The remote control and monitoring of the system, ensures operator safety during lengthy test periods.