Specialist Application Tooling
Our unique ability to incorporate specialist application tooling into pressure vessels is what sets us apart from all other pressure vessel manufacturers.
It allows the customer to simulate in-service operating environments by creating more realistic testing platforms and providing industry standard testing conditions. Replicating the actual functionality of the Equipment or Device Under Test (EUT or DUT) can also be achieved with the integration of tools to manipulate the components whilst under pressure.
The purpose of most types of high pressure testing is to replicate real world applications; from materials research through to product quality assurance.
Whilst the majority of pressure vessel equipment available on the market provide a basic test platform for replicating standard environments, KW Designed Solutions has pioneered many designs to meet the most demanding and stringent test standards. Using advanced innovative engineering, we can incorporate specific features that transform a simple pressure vessel into a noteworthy test platform for extreme environments.
Automatic mate/de-mate mechanisms incorporated into their design to meet these strict testing requirements in line with API Standards.
Temperature Control Systems
Developed and engineered Pressure Vessels with Temperature Control Systems (TCS) cleverly incorporated into the design.
Vertical and horizontal position or any position in between depending on the specific requirements.
Advanced Mechanical Testing devices incorporated into their design that allow tests to be carried out at high temperature, high pressure and within an aggresive media.
Actuation Systems integrate neatly into the Vessel design, providing additional functionality by allowing the user to apply a load, create a mechanical advantage or operate a valce or mechanism within the Vessel whilst at pressure and temperature.
IBL Testing System – Instrument Buoyancy Loss
Developed and engineered Pressure Vessel Systems specifically for carrying out instrumented Buoyancy Loss (IBL) testing of subsea syntactic foam bouyancy products in line with API 17L (ISO 13628-11)
Magnetic Agitators & Stirrers
Advanced range of high pressure Agitation & Mixing Systems utilising a leak-free magnetic coupling that negates the use of rotary seals.
Clever integration of a Pressure Media Seperator into a KWDS Pressure Control System you can maintain precise pressure control without subjecting the Pressure Control Equipment to media that could potentially damage it or cause premature wear.
Realistic In-service Operating Environments:-
- Extreme Subsea environments (up to 5,000 msw)
- Ultra-Deepwater exploration, drilling and extraction of hydrocarbons (up to 60,000 psi)
- Downhole environment – H2S sour gas and hostile environments
- HPHT (up to 2000 Bar at 325°C)
Typical Industry Testing Standards:
- EFC Publication No’s. 16 & No. 17 - Material & testing requirements for Carbon, Low Alloy Steels and Corrosion resistant Alloys for H2S containing environments in O&G Production
- NACE TM0177 – Resistance to Stress Corrosion Cracking in H2S Environments
- NACE TM0284 - Resistance to Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC)
- NACE TM0198 - Slow Strain Rate Test Method for Screening Corrosion-Resistant Alloys (CRAs) for Stress Corrosion Cracking in Sour Oilfield Service
- API 6A (ISO 10423) PSL 1, 2, 3, 3G & PR2 - Specification for Wellhead & Christmas Tree Equipment
- API 16F – Marine Drilling Riser Equipment
- API 17F (ISO13628-6) - Subsea Production Control Systems
- ASTM G129 - Slow Strain Rate Testing (SSRT) and Constant Extension Rate Tensile Testing (CERT)
- ASTM E647 - Fatigue Crack growth propagation (da/dN)
- ASTM G38, G49, G64, G139 – Stress-Corrosion Testing
Types of Specialist Application Tooling:
- Media Agitators – Stirring, Mixing and Agitation
- Temperature control Systems – Internal & External Heating & Cooling
- Tilt Mechanisms – Multiple Test Orientation
- EUT & DUT manipulation devices
- Electrical & Hydraulic Connector – Wet Mate/De-Mate, QCDC, Make & Break Connections
- Instrumented Buoyancy Loss (IBL) Tooling
- Mechanical Testing Devices (Tensile, Compression, Rotary and axial)
- Electrical Penetrators & Feed-throughs
Tel: +44 (0) 1257 474 507
KW Designed Solutions Ltd, KW Group, Drumhead Road, Chorley North Business Park, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 7DE. United Kingdom.
Designed and manufactured in the UK.